Packaging Matchers for HOBBIT
- Have a look at examples/simpleHobbitMatcher.
- Create hobbit account and gitlab access token.
- Adjust settings in pom.xml to your needs.
- Implement your matcher (see Matcher development).
- Make sure docker is running on your machine.
mvn deploy to deploy the docker image to hobbit server.
- If you only execute
mvn install it will create the hobbit docker image locally.
- The hobbit docker image can be found in the local docker repository.
In More Detail
- for Hobbit submission
- Prerequisites for Hobbit is a working docker installation (download docker)
- create a user account
- user name should be the first part (local part - everything before the @) of your mail address
email@example.com then user name should be
- more information at the hobbit wiki page
- update settings in gitlab (in Hobbit every matcher corresponds to a gitlab project)
- go to page http://git.project-hobbit.eu and log in (same account as for the platform itself)
- click on the upper right user icon and choose
- create a Personal Access Token (click on
Access Tokens give it a name and choose only the
- use this access token and your username and password to create the settings file (see the pom.xml)
- adjust pom.xml to your needs
- definitely change the following:
artifactId (only artifactId is used to identify the matcher -> make it unique)
oaei.mainClass: set it to the fully qualified path to the matcher (the class implementing
IOntologyMatchingToolBridge or any subclass like
- benchmarks: change the benchmarks to the ones your system can deal with
- create a settings file with username, password and access_token (see an example at the bottom of the simpleJavaMatcher pom file)
- implement your matcher (see Matcher development)
- build your matcher
- execute maven goals from command line or from any IDE
mvn install will create the hobbit docker image locally
- On MacOS, you have to run
export DOCKER_HOST=unix:///var/run/docker.sock (see issue of docker-maven-plugin) in order to allow maven to communicate with docker.
mvn deploy will deploy docker image to hobbit server.
Evaluate Your Matcher in HOBBIT
- you can start an experiment in hobbit online platform
- go to page http://master.project-hobbit.eu/, log in and choose
- select the benchmark you want to use
- select the system you want to use
- (optionally) specify configuration parameters and click on
- click on the Hobbit ID in the pop up to see the results (reload the page if it is not finished)
- More information can be found on the hobbit wiki page ‘Benchmarking’ and ‘Browsing Results’.